The HESC E-News aims to keep interested stakeholders and community members updated on project progress. Subscribe here to automatically receive this publication.
- May 2020 E-News
- February 2020 E-News
- November 2019 E-News
- September 2019 E-News
- June 2019 E-News
- April 2019 E-News
- March 2019 E-News
- January 2019 E-News
- November 2018 E-News
- 14 February 2019: EPA approval granted for HESC in Latrobe Valley
- 22 January 2019: Opposition Leader Bill Shorten announces a $1 billion pledge for the development of an Australian hydrogen industry.
- 20 December 2018: Hydrogen consortium welcomes major step forward to further Australia’s low emissions hydrogen industry future. Australia’s Chief Scientist, Dr Alan Finkel AO, released his proposal for a national hydrogen strategy.
- 14 October 2018: David Speers of Sky News interviewed Chief Scientist Dr Alan Finkel to discuss the potential of hydrogen and how hydrogen power could utilise the nation’s resources of brown coal: Hydrogen power can become a major export industry: Finkel
- 10 October 2018: Australia’s Chief Scientist, Alan Finkel, wrote an opinion piece for the Sydney Morning Herald: Bright future for Australia shipping sunshine to Japan.
- 10 October 2018: Sydney Morning Herald published an exclusive article: Australia’s top scientist calls for hydrogen revolution to replace fossil fuels.
- 30 August 2018: The Hydrogen Council published an interview with Yoshinori Kanehana, President and CEO at Kawasaki Heavy Industries: 60 seconds with…Kawasaki Heavy Industries.
On 1 March 2019, in a joint release between the Minister for Resources and Northern Australia, the Hon Matt Canavan and Minister for Energy, the Hon Angus Taylor MP, a public input to inform the development of a new clean hydrogen industry has been initiated. The intention of the governments consultation on the topic of hydrogen is to utilise public feedback to inform the government’s thinking and to influence the direction of their strategies for the future of Hydrogen.
Public feedback will inform and develop a draft strategy, to be publicly released in September 2019. The COAG Hydrogen Working Group will conduct an extensive consultation across Australia during 2019, in person and through electronic submissions. The department invites interested parties to comment by 28 March 2019 through the provided links below:
To learn more about how you can participate in this public consultation, please visit the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science’s National Hydrogen Strategy – Request for input here.
For more information on Senator Matt Canavan’s media release, please visit here.
On 22 January 2019, Opposition Leader Bill Shorten announced a $1 billion pledge for the development of an Australian hydrogen industry, identifying the resource as an “emerging and exciting source of energy across the world” and the potential for Australia to be at the forefront of the proclaimed “hydrogen revolution”.
Read the media release.
Read the Joint Press Statement.
Read the media release.
View the joint press statement here.
Basic Hydrogen Strategy (full text)
Basic Hydrogen Strategy (key points)